This was a one platform station just south of the town of Lhanbryde. The platform was on the north side of the line. The station building, typical of the line, remains standing in use as a house.
There was a goods yard at the west end of the station, approached from the east.
A signal box, opened in 1887, was on the south side of the line opposite the goods yard turn out.
The station closed to passengers in 1964. The goods yard closed in 1966. The site is now a car showroom.
Lhanbryde has been bypassed by the busy A96 which has separated the former station from the town.
Greens of Drainie
Rifle Range Halt
| Elgin Shed [2nd]|
Elgin Gas Works
Elgin East Junction
Elgin East Coal Yard
Elgin Shed [1st]
Elgin Centre Signal Box
Glen Elgin Distillery
Linksfield Level Crossing
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
Forres and Area Past and Present
Landranger (27) Nairn & Forres, River Findhorn (OS Landranger Map)
OS Explorer Map (423) Elgin, Forres and Lossiemouth (OS Explorer Active Map)
Time Does Transfix: Recollections of a Forres Railwayman