Lethenty

Location type

Station


Name and dates

Lethenty (1856-1931)

Opened on the Inverury and Old Meldrum Junction Railway.


Description

This was a single platform station, with the platform crossing the Lochter Burn. The platform was on the west side of the line, just to the south of a level crossing.

The goods yard was north of the level crossing and served Lethenty Mill via a turnplate.

The platform remains today. Curiously while the platform remains intact over the burn the trackbed girder has been removed. A station cottage remains too, on the east side of the former line north of the level crossing. The former corn mill now hosts a number of businesses.

Local

Lethenty Mill

01/06/2018

Tags

Station

External links

Canmore site record
NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map
NLS Map