Langloan

Location type

Station

Name and dates

Langloan (1886-1964)

Opened on the Rutherglen and Coatbridge Branch (Caledonian Railway).

Description

This was a two platform station east of Kirkwood station which replaces it. The station was directly west of Langloan Junction and directly east of Langloan Weights Signal Box.

Kirkwood Street crossed over the east end of the station. The main station building was on the eastbound platform with a shelter on the westbound. The goods yard was to the north and approached from the west, from Langloan Weights Signal Box.

The station closed in 1964 along with other stations on the line. It was 1993 before new stations opened. The line is now electrified.

Tags

Station



Nearby stations
Kirkwood
Coatbridge Central
Coatbridge Central [NB]
Whifflet Lower
Whifflet Upper
Blairhill
Whifflet [NB]
Whifflet
Whifflet [CR]
Howes
Coatbridge Sunnyside
Calder Iron Works [Station]
Bargeddie
Carnbroe
Bargeddie [NB]
Victoria Tubeworks
Coatbridge Iron Works
Langloan Iron Works
Langloan Weighs Signal Box
Langloan Wagon Repair Depot
Langloan Junction
Lochrin Wire Mill
Souterhouse Colliery Pit No 1
Drumpeller Coal Pit
Woodside Steel and Iron Works
British Tube Works
Souterhouse Brick Works
Souterhouse Colliery Pit No 2
Langloan Level Crossing Signal Box
Rosehall Junction
Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.