Kinloss [1st] (1858-1860)
Kinloss [3rd] (1904-1965)
Opened on the Inverness and Aberdeen Junction Railway.
Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.
The last station at Kinloss opened in 1904 on the site of the original station, replaced Kinloss [2nd] which was to the east. It was a two platform station with a long passing loop (around twice the length of the platforms), which started west of a level crossing to the west of the station. The main station building was on the eastbound platform with a waiting room opposite. In addition to the level crossing there was a footbridge at the west end of the platforms.
The goods yard was on the north side, approached from the east.
There were two signal boxes. A box at the crossing, opened around 1897 and relocated for the 3rd station, was on the south side of the line west of the level crossing. It became the west box in 1904. The east box was at the east end and on the south side, opposite the goods yard turn out.
The station closed to passengers in 1965. The loop was taken out in 1966 and station closed to goods. The west box remained as a gate box until replaced with automatic barriers in the late in 1980s. It remained in place until around 1990.
The railway remains open as a single track line.
Dallas Dhu Halt
Other railway and industry locations
Forres East Junction
Forres South Junction
Forres West Junction
Findhorn Viaduct [Forres]
Dallas Dhu Siding
Dallas Dhu Distillery
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|