Kemnay

Location type

Station


Name and dates

Kemnay (1859-1950)

Opened on the Alford Valley Railway.


Description

This was a single platform station. The station building was in timber.

There was a goods yard to the south, approached from the station.

The station had a signal box, opened 1901.

Closure to passengers for the station and line was in 1950. The goods yard, box and line closed in 1966.

Nothing remains of the station. The site of the station building is now a co-op.

Stone from the Kemnay Quarries was used in the reconstruction of Aberdeen Joint station in 1916.

Local

This former station was the closest to Castle Fraser , which is around 2.5 miles to the south west.


Tags

Station

External links

Canmore site record
NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map
NLS Map

Nearby stations
Kemnay
Monymusk
Kintore
Kintore [1st]
Port Elphinstone
Inverurie [1st]
Inverurie
Inveramsay
Lethenty
Tillyfourie
Pitcaple
Kinaldie
Oyne
Whitehouse
Fingask Halt

Other railway and industry locations
Kemnay Quarries
Ratch Hill Quarry
Monymusk Sawmill
Kintore Sand Pit Siding
Tavelty? Saw Mill
Inverurie Paper Mill
Port Elphinstone Ground Frame
Port Elphinstone Mills
Port Elphinstone Goods
Don Viaduct
Tourist/other
Fetternear House and Bishop^s Palace
Castle Fraser
East Aquhorthies Stone Circle
Bruce^s Camp
Kinkell Church
Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.