Jedfoot Bridge (1856-1913)
Opened on the Jedburgh Railway.
This was a single platform station.
The platform was on the east side of the line and there was a goods siding on the east side, approached from the north. Intriguingly the passenger platform was in timber while the goods bank was concrete, presumably replaced at some point.
The station was close to the Jedfoot Bridge and the railway had its own bridge over the Jed Water, just to the south.
The platforms remain and the site is now a car park for the St Cutherbert's Way footpath (Melrose to Lindisfarne). The piers of the bridge remain.
Other railway and industry locations
Jedfoot Bridge Viaduct
Ale Water Viaduct
Charlesfield Munitions Factory
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|