Helensburgh Shed (1858-1961)
Opened on the Glasgow, Dumbarton and Helensburgh Railway.
This shed was located to the north of Helensburgh station and goods yard.
British Railways assigned the code 65H and sub shed Arrochar Shed.
The shed closed in 1961 with the line's electrification. The site is now a GP Surgery and car park.
The original shed was somewhat smaller and to the south, close to the ramp of the car park.
Greenock Princes Pier [2nd]
Greenock Princes Pier [1st]
Greenock Bridge Street
Other railway and industry locations
Helensburgh Gas Works
Helensburgh Upper Goods
Helensburgh Construction Camp
Woodend Level Crossing
Craigendoran West Signal Box
Craigendoran West Yard
Ardencaple Level Crossing
Helensburgh Hill House
Craigendoran Old Ferry Pier
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
An Illustrated History of Glasgow's Railways
Glasgow Railway Memories
Glasgow's Last Days of Steam
Rails Around Glasgow
The Railways of Glasgow: Post-Beeching
The Vanished Railways of Old Western Dunbartonshire (Britains Railways/Old Photos)