Hayhill Brickworks Signal Box

Location type


Name and dates

Hayhill Brickworks Signal Box (1894-1934)

Opened on the Hayhill Branch (Caledonian Railway).


This signal box was on the north side of the line opposite the Hayhill Brickworks (or Garnqueen Fire Clay Works). The box opened in 1894, the year before the works. The sidings were on the south side making a trailing connection approached from the west. There was a weigh bridge at the yard throat. The box was east of the point of connection of the sidings.

The box closed in 1934, replaced by a ground frame. The works remained until at least the 1960s.


Signal box