Harburn

Location type

Station


Name and dates

Harburn (1848-1966)

Opened on the Caledonian Railway.


Description

This two platform station was in a rural location not far from Harburn House and estate, to the south.

The station had two platforms. the main station building was on the Edinburgh bound platform and there were waiting rooms on each platform. A goods yard was accessed by reversal from the Edinburgh bound line. It was located at the north east end of the station, on the north side of the line.

Little remains of the station.

Local

Harburn Estate

Harburn Golf Club

04/08/2018

Tags

Station

External links

Canmore site record
NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map
NLS Map


Nearby stations
Harburn
West Calder
Newpark
Livingston South
Cobbinshaw [1st]
Addiewell
Cobbinshaw [2nd]
Livingston Mill
Almondhaugh
Livingston [1st]
Livingston North
Foulshiels
Bents
Kirknewton
Dechmont [1st]

Other railway and industry locations
Shale Mine
Harburn Limeworks
Hermand Quarry
Limefield Viaduct
Limefield Junction
Shale Mine
Harwood Colliery
Mine
Mine
Burngrange Shale Mine Pit No 39
Burngrange Viaduct
Pit
Baads Mine
Westwood Oilworks
Bankton Viaduct
Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.