Gunnie Cement (1925-2006)
This works was developed next to one of the slag roads of the Gartsherrie Iron Works.
The works had its own shunters.
After closure of the Gartsherrie Iron Works new exchange sidings were laid at Gunnie Yard [2nd]. Clinker came from Clitheroe. Railway approach to the works was by a bridge over the former Monkland and Kirkintilloch Railway.
Cement from the works was taken to Mossend Yard and then distributed to destinations in the north of Scotland, Dundee, Aberdeen Waterloo and Inverness.
The works belonged to Clyde Cement and later Castle Cement.
Gartsherrie [M and K]
Coatbridge Central [NB]
Other railway and industry locations
Gunnie South Signal Box
Gunnie Yard [1st]
Gartsherrie Iron Works
Gunnie North Signal Box
Summerlee West Signal Box
Gunnie Yard [2nd]
Gartsherrie Iron Works Signal Box
Gartsherrie Ore Sidings
Sunnyside Engine Works
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|