Greenhill Lower (1886-1933)
Opened on the Bonnybridge Canal Branch (Caledonian Railway).
This was originally a two platform station. The platforms were on the Caledonian Railway's Greenhill Branch line from Garnqueen South Junction to Greenhill Lower Junction.
After the opening of the Bonnybridge Junction Yard and Bonnybridge Branch it became a three platform station, a new platform face opening on the north side of the station making the northbound platform into an island.
The main station building was on the north platform, heavily canopied. A smaller building was on the southbound.
The connection to Greenhill Upper ran down the south side of the station, but was not served by a platform.
The station closed as long ago as 1933.
Bonnybridge Canal Goods
Falkirk Camelon [1st]
Other railway and industry locations
Greenhill Goods [CR]
Greenhill Shed [CR]
Greenhill Lower Junction
Greenhill Creosote Works
Bonnybridge Junction Yard
Glenyards Brick Works
Dykehead Firebrick Works
Greenhill South Signal Box
Milnquarter Brick Works
Greenhill Upper Junction
Bonnybridge Silica and Fire Clay Works
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|