Opened on the Muirkirk Branch (Caledonian Railway).
This was a single platform station on the north side of a single track line. The station was south of Glenbuck itself and west of Glenbuck Loch. It was not particularly convenient for Glenbuck, just under a mile away by road.
There was a small goods yard to the west, approached from the east. A quarry siding was to the east, approached from the west. There was a signal box at the east end of the platform, closed in 1932.
The station closed in 1952 and line in 1964.
The timber passenger platform remains, in poor condition.
To the east of the station the line crossed Glenbuck Loch on a causeway.
Glenbuck itself, long associated with coal mining and even the Glenbuck Iron Works, has been obliterated by opencast mining.
Other railway and industry locations
Glenbuck Iron Works
Grasshill No 2 Pit
Grasshill No 1 Pit
Spireslack Colliery No 1 Pit
Lightshaw Colliery Pit No 4
Lightshaw Colliery Pit No 3
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|