Glen Douglas Halt

Location type

Station


Names and dates

Glen Douglas Siding (1895-1926)
Glen Douglas Platform (Private) (1926-1942)
Glen Douglas (Private) (1942-1961)
Glen Douglas Halt (1961-1964)

Opened on the West Highland Railway.


Description

This was a halt on the West Highland Railway, opening one year after the line opened. For many years it was private. The loop remains here but the platform and building have been removed. There was a combined signal box and building such as those found at Corrour and, formerly, Gorton. This is a summit of the line at 560 ft.

After the MOD base was established here sidings were opened, on the east side of the line and served from the south. There are several loops and then base is approached by a reversing spur.


Tags

Station


Books