Fence Colliery Signal Box

Location type

Place


Name and dates

Fence Colliery Signal Box

Opened on the Coalburn Branch (Caledonian Railway).


Description

This was was located south of Tillietudlem station at the south end of a mineral line loop which began north of the station. The loop was on the east side of the station and also served the gas works.

The box closed in 1904. Fence Terrace remains as a reminder of the colliery.


Tags

Signal Box