Dalry Manure Depot Signal Box

Location type

Junction

Name and dates

Dalry Manure Depot Signal Box

Opened on the Caledonian Railway.

Description

This box was opposite the Dalry Manure Depot siding. The siding was on the south/east side of the line just south of Dalry Shed and box a little to the south on the opposite side by Henderson Terrace.

Manure loaded here would be taken to countryside stations for use as fertiliser.

The box closed in 1926 but remained standing. the siding was taken out. The footbridge over the line off Dundee Street was installed after removal. This footbridge remains in place, despite the line's closure in 1966.

Tags

Manure depot 09/07/2019

Books


An Illustrated History of Carlisle's Railways

Caledonian Dunalastairs and Associated Classes (Locomotive Monograph)

Caledonian in LMS Days (Railways in Retrospect)

Caledonian Railway

Caledonian Railway Carriages

Caledonian Railway Livery: The True Line Elegance and Style

Caledonian Railway Wagons & Non-Passenger Coaching Stock

Caledonian Routes 3: Stirling to Crianlarich - DVD - Oakwood Press

Caley to the Coast: Rothesay by Wemyss Bay (Oakwood Library of Railway History)

Callander & Oban Railway Through Time

Callander and Oban Railway (Library of Railway History)

Signalling the Caledonian Railway

The Caledonian Railway 'jumbos' the 18in. X 26in. 0-6-0s

The Caledonian, Scotland's Imperial Railway: A History

The Vanished Railways of Old Western Dunbartonshire (Britains Railways/Old Photos)

Through Scotland with the Caledonian Railway

Vanished Railways of West Lothian