Culross [1st] (1906-1930)
Opened on the Kincardine Line (North British Railway).
Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.
Culross was a two platform station with a passing loop on a single track line. It was around a third of a mile east of the town.
There was a goods yard at the east end, north side of the line, approached from the east.
The station formerly bordered the sea, but the Valleyfield Ash Lagoons (ash from Longannet Power Station) now separates it from the shortline. The former station is at the west end of the lagoons. The line remains open and the station site is now housing on the south side of Veere Park. A station cottage remains by the main road, to the north. Station Path runs down to the west end of the station site.
Other railway and industry locations
Torry Mine (location and ng unsure)
Comrie Dean Viaduct
Ironstone Pit No 14
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
Mining from Kirkintilloch to Clackmannan and Stirling to Slamannan
Stirlingshire and Clackmannanshire's Lost Railways