Craignure

Location type

Station


Name and dates

Craignure (1983-2011)

Opened on the Isle of Mull Railway / Mull and West Highland Railway.


Description

This was a three platform terminus, the northern station of the 260 mm gauge line to Torosay Castle. The western platform was usually in use, this had the ticket office. The three lines were looped and terminated at the north end with the turntable.

The station was a short walk from Craignure Pier.

The line opened in 1983 and closed in 2011 and track was lifted shortly afterwards.


Tags

Station terminus

External links

NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map




Nearby stations
Torosay Castle
Oban
Benderloch
North Connel
Connel Ferry
Appin
Ach-na-Cloich
Barcaldine Halt
Creagan
Taynuilt
Duror
Kentallen
Falls of Cruachan
Ballachulish Ferry
Loch Awe

Other railway and industry locations
Tarmstedt Loop
Torosay Shed
Lochaline Sand Mine
Tourist/other
Craignure Pier
Torosay Castle [House]
Duart Castle
Black^s Memorial Lighthouse
Lady^s Rock Lighthouse
Lismore Lighthouse
Fishnish Pier
Lochaline Pier
Hutcheson^s Monument
Achnacroish Pier, Lismore
Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.