Cove Quarry Signal Box

Location type

Place


Name and dates

Cove Quarry Signal Box

Opened on the Caledonian Railway.


Description

This signal box, on the south side of the line, controlled access to two quarry sidings.

To the west, on the north side of the line, a siding ran to Annanlea Quarry. Approach was from the east.

To the east, on the south side of the line was a siding to a works, Cove Quarries. This was approached from the west. From here a siding turned south, crossed the Kirtle Water to reach the actual quarries.

The box closed in 1926.

The main line remains open, a double track electrified main line.


Tags

Signal box quarry