Cleghorn Brick Works (-1897)
Cleghorn Terra-Cotta Works (1897-1924)
Served by the Caledonian Railway.
A siding on the south side of the line, approached from tthe west, served the brick works. The works underwent a major expansion in 1897. Several looped sidings were installed on the south side of the line. A siding from the east end of the loops was a reversing spur for a line to the south side of the works.
Cleghorn Terra-Cotta Works signal box was located here 1897-1924. This was located on the north side of the line.
A tramway connected the works to the Cleghorn Clay Pit to the south west by the Fulwood Burn.
Other railway and industry locations
Cleghorn Terra-Cotta Works
Cleghorn Clay Pit
Craigenhill Lime Mines
Silvermuir South Junction
Silvermuir East Junction
Caledonian Mineral Oil Works
Smyllum East Junction
Smyllum West Junction
Smyllum South Junction
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
An Illustrated History of Carlisle's Railways
Caledonian Dunalastairs and Associated Classes (Locomotive Monograph)
Caledonian in LMS Days (Railways in Retrospect)
Caledonian Railway Carriages
Caledonian Railway Livery: The True Line Elegance and Style
Caledonian Railway Wagons & Non-Passenger Coaching Stock
Caledonian Routes 3: Stirling to Crianlarich - DVD - Oakwood Press
Caley to the Coast: Rothesay by Wemyss Bay (Oakwood Library of Railway History)
Callander & Oban Railway Through Time
Callander and Oban Railway (Library of Railway History)
Signalling the Caledonian Railway
The Caledonian Railway 'jumbos' the 18in. X 26in. 0-6-0s
The Caledonian, Scotland's Imperial Railway: A History
The Vanished Railways of Old Western Dunbartonshire (Britains Railways/Old Photos)
Through Scotland with the Caledonian Railway
Vanished Railways of West Lothian