Opened on the Border Counties Railway.
This was a single platform station with a goods yard to the south. The village of Chollerton is to the north east.
The original station had a stone building directly west of the road junction at St Giles Church. The goods yard, two loops on the east side of the line, served a coal yard. The platform and loops were on the east side of the line. A two storey station cottage was built at the north end of the station.
The passenger platform was relocated to the north with a simple wooden shelter. The loops were disconnected at the south end, becoming a looped siding approached from the north.
The station closed to passengers in 1956 and this portion of line closed in 1958.
The original station building, cottages and replacement platform and building remain intact.
Haydon Bridge [1st]
Ray House (Halt)
Other railway and industry locations
Brunton Lime Depot
Brunton Lime Works
Black Pasture Quarry
Howford Brick and Tile Works
Chesters Roman Fort
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
Border Counties Railway Through Time
Border Country Branch Line Album
Branches & Byways: Southwest Scotland and the Border Counties
Hexham to Hawick: The Border Counties Railway (Country Railway Routes)