Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.Opened on the Border Counties Railway.
This was a temporary terminus of the line while construction continued to the west. It was to the south of Charlton Farm and north of the River North Tyne. It consisted of just a temporary platform and hut.
The line was extended west to Riccarton Junction in 1862. It closed in 1958. The trackbed remains intact although the bridge over the line the south east of Charlton Farm has been removed and trackbed infilled and the bridge south of the farm over a minor road has been removed. Bridges were built to allow two lines, but only the westbound was laid.
Bellingham (North Tyne)
Ray House (Halt)
| Thorneyburn Coal Siding|
Stiddle Hill Siding
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
Border Counties Railway Through Time
Border Country Branch Line Album
Branches & Byways: Southwest Scotland and the Border Counties
Hexham to Hawick: The Border Counties Railway (Country Railway Routes)