Castlehill Signal Box [CR]

Location type

Place


Name and dates

Castlehill Signal Box [CR] (1874-1967)

Opened on the Caledonian Railway.

Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.


Description

This signal box (1874) served a branch which ran north east to the Castlehill Iron Works (closed 1884) and Castlehill No 6 Colliery. A short siding ran south west to Whiteshaw Foundry and a saw mill was also served. The box closed in 1967.

01/07/2019

Tags

Junction