Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.Opened on the Caledonian Railway.
This was the junction for the 1866 Camps Branch (Caledonian Railway) which served Raw Camps Mine, Camps Goods and Raw Camps Quarry.
The branch was single track and on the north side of the main line. It was approached from the east. There was a level crossing just to the east. The signal box was on the north side of the junction.
The branch closed in 1960 and the box survived. It became a gate box only in 1981 and closed in 1986 when the crossing was stopped up.
Ratho (Low Level)
Ingliston Park and Ride [Tram]
Edinburgh Airport [Tram]
| Kaimes Quarry|
Camps Brick Works
East Camps Quarry
Raw Camps Quarry
Raw Camps Mine
East Calder Goods
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
An Illustrated History of Carlisle's Railways
Caledonian Dunalastairs and Associated Classes (Locomotive Monograph)
Caledonian in LMS Days (Railways in Retrospect)
Caledonian Railway Carriages
Caledonian Railway Livery: The True Line Elegance and Style
Caledonian Railway Wagons & Non-Passenger Coaching Stock
Caledonian Routes 3: Stirling to Crianlarich - DVD - Oakwood Press
Caley to the Coast: Rothesay by Wemyss Bay (Oakwood Library of Railway History)
Callander & Oban Railway Through Time
Callander and Oban Railway (Library of Railway History)
Signalling the Caledonian Railway
The Caledonian Railway 'jumbos' the 18in. X 26in. 0-6-0s
The Caledonian, Scotland's Imperial Railway: A History
The Vanished Railways of Old Western Dunbartonshire (Britains Railways/Old Photos)
Through Scotland with the Caledonian Railway
Vanished Railways of West Lothian