Bradford Forster Square

Location type

Station


Name and dates

Bradford Forster Square (1984-)

Opened on the Leeds and Bradford Railway.


Description

This is a three platform terminus.

The railway runs north out of the station and divides at Shipley into portions running east to Leeds and west to Skipton.

The station is built on a small part of the site of Bradford Forster Square [1st]. This area was formerly the far north west portion of the old station and fish dock. The bulk of the original station was to the south of School Street which no longer exists but passed over the station and lines into the goods shed.

The modern station is approached by lines running on the extreme west of the former approach lines.


Tags

Station terminus

External links

NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map