Basin Iron Foundry (1872-1960)
This foundry was on the west side of the canal basin in Kirkintilloch. The works made domestic cast iron goods such as stoves.
A siding ran from the Monkland and Kirkintilloch Railway round the west side of the double basin to reach the works from the south east.
The site was cleared and overgrown by the 1960s.
It was also known as the Etna Foundry.
Back O Loch Halt
Milton of Campsie
Bridgend [M and K]
Other railway and industry locations
J and J Hay Shipyard
South Bank Iron Works
Kirkintilloch Precast Cement Works
Kirkintilloch Nickel Works
Kirkintilloch Gas Works [1st]
Kirkintilloch Gas Works [2nd]
Woodilee Colliery Pits Nos 1 and 2
Whitegates Level Crossing
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|