This was a single platform station north of the village of Barrasford. The platform was on the village (south) side of the line. The building was stone and largely single storey with a central two storey portion.
There was a goods siding on the north side, approached from the east alongside the platform. To the west of the station was a goods loop on the south side of the line. There was a signal box as the east end of the loop, west end of the platform.
The line closed to passengers in 1956, although signalling remained in use. The line here closed altogether in 1958.
The station building and platform (the timber portion at the south end has been removed) remain.
The former station is now a Scouts Outward Bound Centre 13 Tynemouth Scouts .
Haydon Bridge [1st]
Bellingham (North Tyne)
Ray House (Halt)
| Barrasford Quarry|
Brunton Lime Depot
Brunton Lime Works
Black Pasture Quarry
Chesters Roman Fort
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
Border Counties Railway Through Time
Border Country Branch Line Album
Branches & Byways: Southwest Scotland and the Border Counties
Hexham to Hawick: The Border Counties Railway (Country Railway Routes)