Opened on the North British Railway.
This was an extremely short lived station, most likely located to the north of Ballencrieff House and farm.
Ballencrieff was located 2 miles, 60 chains from Longniddry and 1 mile, 60 chains from Drem, which places it at Ballencrieff siding.
Ballencrieff siding, served from the west and on the south side of the line, existed here until 1959. There was a loading bank and signal box to the west, south side of the line (not shown in OS map of 1894 but shown on that of 1906).
Seton Mains Halt
Other railway and industry locations
Longniddry Manure Siding
Chesters Hill Fort
St Martin^s Kirk
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
Drem to Edinburgh: Including Gullane, Haddington, Tranent, Musselburgh and Fisherrow Branches (Scottish Main Lines)
Edinburgh St. Margaret's: The Story of the 'Other' Edinburgh Depot of the North British Railway 1845-1967
Exploring Disused Railways in East Scotland
Last Trains: Edinburgh and South East Scotland v. 1
|LNER Wagons: Volume 3: Scottish Area: Ex North British and Ex-Great North of Scotland Railway Wagons|
North British Railway in Northumberland, The
North British Railway, Vol. 1 (Standard Railway History)
North British Railway, Vol. 2 (Standard Railway History)
Signalling and Signal Boxes along the North British Railway, Great North of Scotland Railway and the CLC Routes
South East Scotland (British Railways Past & Present)
The Castle and the Bear: A Brief History of the North British Railway
The North British Railway a History
|The North British Railway, Volume 1, One,|
The Vanished Railways of Old Western Dunbartonshire (Britains Railways/Old Photos)
Vanished Railways of West Lothian