Auchmacoy

Location type

Station


Name and dates

Auchmacoy (1896-1932)

Opened on the Boddam Branch (Great North of Scotland Railway).


Description

This was a single platform station on the south side of the line. There was a goods yard at the east end, served from the east. The station was north of Auchmacoy House.

Several railway cottages remain on site, still in use as houses.

The site was known as Chapelton before the railway opened and a road was diverted to provide space for the spacious goods yard.

04/06/2018

Tags

Station

External links

Canmore site record
NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map
NLS Map