Aberdeen Regent Quay

Location type

Sidings


Name and dates

Aberdeen Regent Quay

Opened on the Aberdeen Harbour Trustees Tramway.


Description

This quay is at the west end of Waterloo Dock and its Upper Dock. It is on the north side of the docks. The Regent Bridge, between the docks, links Regent Quay to Jamieson's Quay (Upper Dock) and Blaike's Quay (Victoria Dock). To the east is Aberdeen Waterloo Quay.

On Regent Quay was a large granite goods shed with a central section supported on girders. The harbour tramway served the shed and passed under the girder section to reach the quayside. The railway line from Aberdeen Waterloo reached here by reversal at Waterloo Quay (originally there was also a west to north curve into the station with turnplates).

Before the opening of the joint station, Aberdeen, a passenger and goods connection was made on the tramway between Aberdeen Guild Street and Aberdeen Waterloo along Regent Quay - a less than ideal connection.

The quay remains in use today.


Tags

Quay goods shed sidings

External links

NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map
NLS Map
NLS Map