Polmadie Shed: With coal topped up in its tender, Black 5 44878 reverses away from the coaling plant at Polmadie on Christmas Eve 1966.
Quakers Yard High Level: There is always a new experience in trackbed walking - here is a tiled trackbed, south east of Quakers Yard High Level in June 2018. The next section, just beyond the bushes, is subsumed under a playing field; behind my back was a children's playground.
Euxton Junction: Northern DMU 150147 crosses from the Down line to the Up line as it heads towards Manchester Victoria on the Chorley line at Euxton Jct. The unit has travelled south from Preston on the Up Slow. When it crosses the 'ladder' at Euxton Jct to get to the Chorley line, it has to travel to this crossover using the Down Bolton line for around a quarter of a mile.
Newtongrange: Tracklaying restarts after a short break alongside the National Mining Museum at Newtongrange on 17 October 2014. Part of the under-construction station platform is visible bottom left. Propelling the train south towards the Gore Glen is GBRf 66736.
Dillicar Watertroughs: DB 66065 runs high above the River Lune at Dillicar, with an intermodal service from Seaforth to Mossend, on 23rd June 2020.
Bridge of Dun: A down Sunday train approaching Bridge of Dun station on 19 July 1953. The locomotive is one of Perth shed's Jubilee 4-6-0s no 45673 Keppel.
Minnivey Platform: Minnivey Platform (with loop on the left) was built on the disused Waterside-Pennyvenie alignment alongside the site of the former Minnivey Nos 4,5 drift mine. The mine site became the site of the Scottish Industrial Railway Centre (on the right). This was earlier the site of the Burnton Washer (a name which was, after its closure, applied to the Dunaskin Central Washer).
Southend Central: South side exterior of Southend Central station, on the C2C line between London Fenchurch Street and Shoeburyness, on 18th March 2014. This station opened in 1856 with the extension of the line from Leigh On Sea that had been reached from Tilbury in 1855, the direct route via Upminster did not open until the 1880s. This station was the eastern terminus of the LTSR until the extension to Shoeburyness opened in 1884.
Mallow: Mallow North signalbox from a passing train in 1988. Curving to the right is the stump of the direct line to Waterford, opened by the Waterford, Dungarvan & Lismore Railway in 1878 and closed in 1967.