Westcraigs

Remains of Westcraigs station looking east towards Armadale in June 2006. The 1862 station, built by the Bathgate & Coatbridge Railway, was located on the southern edge of the village of Blackridge in West Lothian and one and a half miles north of Harthill. Westcraigs lost its passenger service in 1956. [The station appeared in some timetables as Westcraigs for Harthill.] Platform remains can be seen together with part of the goods facilities to the right. Above these in the background is the roof of the station house, now in private ownership. Plans are afoot to build a new station to the east of here as part of the Airdrie - Bathgate reopening, although it would be named Blackridge, rather than Westcraigs.

Location: Westcraigs

Company: New Monkland Line (Monkland Railways)

Photographer: John Furnevel

Make contact: John Furnevel

Date: 12/06/2006

Image number: 9677


Other photographs of Westcraigs on RailScot