Goodmayes, in that part of Essex now within Greater London, looking west towards Liverpool Street on 13th February 2019. The line here was opened by the Eastern Counties Railway in 1839 but this station was not opened until 8th February 1901 by the ECR's successor, the Great Eastern Railway. Quadrupling of the main line as far as Shenfield was not completed until 1934 with the final section from Romford, that included the notorious Brentwood bank, by the London & North Eastern Railway that succeeded the GER at the 1923 Grouping. Out of view on the left are the fast tracks and obsolete platforms that are now fenced off from the surviving platforms.
Original line: London to Colchester (Eastern Counties Railway)
Photographer: David Bosher
Contact photographer: David Bosher
Photosets: London Area Stations 2009-2023
Image number: 81607