465164 to Cannon Street, departing from Greenwich, on 15th July 2021. The London & Greenwich Railway was London's first, opened between Spa Road and Deptford on 8th February 1836 and extended to a temporary station at Greenwich on 24th December 1838, replaced on 12th April 1840. The station was re-sited on 1st January 1873 with the opening of the extension to Maze Hill as the first stage of closing the gap between Greenwich and the North Kent Line at Charlton which was completed on 1st February 1878. Over 120 years later, it became an interchange with the Lewisham Extension of the DLR (on left) on 20th November 1999, the tracks descending to the tunnel between here and Island Gardens beneath the National Rail station building.

Location: Greenwich

Original line: London and Greenwich Railway

Photographer: David Bosher

Contact photographer: David Bosher

Contact editor

Photosets: Class 465 2013-2021 Southeastern units  

Date: 15/07/2021

Image number: 78288