Macbie Hill

Remains at Macbie Hill, looking south from the road bridge towards West Linton (Broomlee) in June 2004. The overgrown platform runs to the the left of the fence and the ruins of the station building can be seen on the right. Beyond are signs of old goods facilities, latterly serving RNAD Coalyburn, the southernmost compound of RNAD Leadburn. The waterway is the Coaly Burn, this being the original name of the station (until 1874). [Note : Although the line was officially closed in 1933, this section was taken over by the War Department during WW2 to serve what became RNAD Leadburn. Use continued well into the 1950s, with tracklifting eventually carried out in 1961.]

Location: Macbie Hill

Company: Leadburn, Linton and Dolphinton Railway

Photographer: John Furnevel

Contact photographer: John Furnevel

Contact editor

Date: 09/06/2004

Image number: 76313


Other photographs of Macbie Hill on RailScot