Gospel Oak, looking west, in heavy snow on 20th January 2013. This station was opened as Kentish Town by the Hampstead Junction Railway in 1860 and renamed Gospel Oak in 1867. It was rebuilt in this sturdy style by the London Midland Region of BR in 1955. The bay platform for trains to Barking is down the far end on the right and opened in 1981 on the site of one closed in 1925 (when trains to Chingford were withdrawn) when trains from Barking were diverted here from Kentish Town.
Location: Gospel Oak
Photographer: David Bosher
Contact photographer: David Bosher
Image number: 75866