A Virgin Trains ECML service about to cross Baileyfield Road, Portobello, on 7 September 2016. Running off to the left is Sir Harry Lauder Road, which follows the route taken by trains on the former Lothian Lines to Niddrie North. Just visible on the right is an old arched bridge which once carried the original Edinburgh & Dalkeith route from Leith through to Niddrie West. This section was abandoned in 1849 after a connection was made with the ECML here via the nearest of the two bridges over Baileyfield Road (see image 14242).
Location: Portobello West Junction
Company: North British Railway
Photographer: John Furnevel
Contact photographer: John Furnevel
Image number: 75167