Macbie Hill

View north along the trackbed of the LL&D from Macbie Hill towards Leadburn on 29 July 2020, with the remains of the station behind the camera (see 39576). Although the Leadburn - Dolphinton route closed in 1933, the section between Broomlee (West Linton) and the junction with the Peebles Loop at Leadburn was brought back into use by the War Department to serve what became RNAD Leadburn during WW2. This 6 mile ^branch^ was not officially closed again until 1960. Several of the surviving buildings once used to store munitions along the route can just be made out in the centre background. See 52120

Location: Macbie Hill

Company: Leadburn, Linton and Dolphinton Railway

Photographer: John Furnevel

Contact photographer: John Furnevel

Contact editor

Date: 29/07/2020

Image number: 74016


Other photographs of Macbie Hill on RailScot