The site of Silvermuir Junction, the eastern apex of the Lanark branch junctions from the main line, seen in 2000. The branch ran through the location now occupied by a modern house. Lanark Junction signal box, opened in 1934, was considerably set back here in the 'V' of the junction. This box replaced the three boxes of the triangular junction, those at Cleghorn Junction, Silvermuir Junction and Silvermuir South Junction.
Location: Silvermuir Junction
Company: Caledonian Railway
Photographer: Ewan Crawford
Contact photographer: Ewan Crawford
Image number: 73791