Clonakilty Junction. Original and now rather dilipidated nameboard with the former station master's house to the right. The station is located in the village of Gaggin (also spelled Gaggan). There were three platforms, including an island platform. The nine mile branch to Clonakilty diverged south from the main line here, opening in 1886. A further branch to Courtmacsherry diverged from the Clonakilty branch at Ballinascarthy (birthplace of Henry Ford's father). The system closed on 31st March 1961 and the N71 road was subsequently re-aligned here along the former trackbed.
Location: Clonakilty Junction
Company: Cork, Bandon and South Coast Railway
Photographer: Mark Poustie
Contact photographer: Mark Poustie
Image number: 73490