Looking south towards Balquhidder Junction through the abandoned platforms of the former station at Glenoglehead on the Callander & Oban Railway in May 2008. Originally named Killin (despite being some 3 miles distant) it was renamed Glenoglehead after the opening of the direct link from Killin Junction to Killin and Loch Tay in 1886. The suffix 'Crossing' was added 5 years later following the withdrawal of the last scheduled passenger services. Glenoglehead Crossing was officially closed at the end of 1916. For the view north see 19052.
See query 2290
Company: Callander and Oban Railway
Photographer: John Furnevel
Contact photographer: John Furnevel
Image number: 73210