Chiswick station, on the Hounslow Loop, looking towards Hounslow on 25th January 2014. This station opened on 22nd August 1849 with the first section of the LSWR's Hounslow Loop from the Richmond line at Barnes to a temporary station called Hounslow, but actually situated north-east of the present Isleworth station. The line was extended to Hounslow itself, and on to a triangular junction between Whitton and Feltham on the Reading line, on 1st February 1850, when the temporary terminus was abolished and replaced by the present Isleworth station.
Photographer: David Bosher
Contact photographer: David Bosher
Image number: 72987