The former site of Cork Glanmire station, Penrose Quay, on 25th May 2019. The original Great Southern & Western Railway station in Cork was a terminus at Penrose Quay and operated from 1855 to 1893 when the current Kent Station (formerly Glanmire Road) opened. The line of the original station, at right angles to the River Lee behind is apparent from the wall in the foreground and the buildings just to the right of the towercrane in the middle of the picture. This area is currently being developed as part of the Horgan's Quay and Penrose Quay developments and these remains have disappeared since the picture was taken.
Location: Cork Glanmire
Company: Great Southern and Western Railway
Photographer: Mark Poustie
Contact photographer: Mark Poustie
Image number: 72955