Hounslow

Exterior of Hounslow station on 25th January 2014. This opened on 1st February 1850 with the completion of the LSWR loop from a temporary station that was called Hounslow but was actually situated in Isleworth and which had opened from Barnes on the Reading line on 22nd August 1849. With completion of the loop, the temporary station was replaced by the present Isleworth station but since Hounslow was the main town then served by the line, not surprisingly it became known as the Hounslow Loop. (Hounslow is also served by the LUL Piccadilly Line at Hounslow East, Hounslow Central and Hounslow West stations.)

Location: Hounslow

Company: Hounslow Loop (Windsor, Staines and South Western (Richmond to Windsor) Railway)

Photographer: David Bosher

Contact photographer: David Bosher

Contact editor

Date: 25/01/2014

Image number: 72945