195014, on testing/mileage accumulation, crosses Gubberford Lane on the outskirts of Scorton village on 21st January 2020. This is the exact site of the first Scorton station, which was only open for a couple of months in 1840 while the second station, on Station Lane, was completed. That closed ninety nine years later. Although, as can be seen, the first station site is still a maintenance access point, there was probably never any sort of station structure here. Nothing remains of either station.
Location: Scorton [Lancashire] [1st]
Photographer: Mark Bartlett
Contact photographer: Mark Bartlett
Image number: 72007