Main buildings at Appleby station on the northbound platform, seen from the footbridge, on 14th March 2020. This station opened with the Settle & Carlisle Line as Appleby on 1st May 1876 and was renamed Appleby West on 1st September 1952. On the same day, Appleby station on the Stainmore Line was renamed Appleby East but this station closed with the line on 22nd January 1962. There was then no longer any need for the 'West' suffix at the S & C station but it was not until 6th May 1968 that it reverted to simply Appleby.
Photographer: David Bosher
Contact photographer: David Bosher
Image number: 72687