Exterior (exit only) of Covent Garden station, LUL Piccadilly Line, on 7th March 2020. Opened by the Great Northern, Piccadilly & Brompton Railway with the original section of the line from Finsbury Park to Hammersmith on 15th December 1906, it was designed by Leslie W. Green, the London Underground's Chief Architect of the Edwardian period who died in 1908, aged only 34. In 1958, London Transport (as it then was) wanted to close this station completely but it was reprieved, although it was closed on Sundays for many years, but is now open full time again. It is only 280 yards from Leicester Square station, the next Piccadilly Line station when heading towards Heathrow or Uxbridge.
Location: Covent Garden
Photographer: David Bosher
Contact photographer: David Bosher
Image number: 72650