W.G. Bagnall narrow gauge 0-6-2T no. 2624 'Superb', dating from 1922, just arrived at Sittingbourne Viaduct 'station' with a Sittingbourne & Kemsley Railway train from Kemsley Down, on 20th July 2014. This line originally opened in 1905 from Ridham Dock on the river Swale to just north of Sittingbourne before being extended further into the town along Milton Regis Viaduct in 1914. It was originally built for the transportation of raw materials for the manufacture of paper at the mills in Sittingbourne.
Location: Sittingbourne Viaduct
Photographer: David Bosher
Contact photographer: David Bosher
Image number: 72508