Taken around 1990, this shot shows the bridge at Glenesk with its metal bracing still in place. The viaduct then became part of a cycleway/walkway after 1993 when the cantilevered walkways were removed. In 2015 it became, once again, a part of the railway infrastructure with the opening of the Borders Railway. Dating from 1830 it is one of the oldest railway bridges in the world still in active railway use.
Location: Glenesk Viaduct
Company: Edinburgh and Dalkeith Railway
Photographer: Charlie Niven
Contact photographer: Charlie Niven
Image number: 72214