Blackpool South

A 1909 map extract of the station now known as Blackpool South. This was during the short period between 1903, when the direct line to Kirkham (and Waterloo Road station) opened, and 1916 when Lytham Road (formerly South Shore) station closed to be replaced by additional platforms at Blackpool South. The direct line closed in 1965, and two platforms of the station and the line now lie under the Yeadon Way link road and the M55 See image 19431. The line via Lytham still enjoys an hourly service. Reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland http://maps.nls.uk/index.html

Location: Blackpool South

Company: Blackpool and Lytham Railway

Photographer: Mark Bartlett

Contact photographer: Mark Bartlett

Contact editor

Date: 1909

Image number: 72100


Other photographs of Blackpool South on RailScot