The passenger paddle steamer 'William Muir' enjoyed a long service between 1879 and 1937. Introduced on the Granton-Burntisland with the increase in traffic after the opening of the first Tay Bridge she survived the opening of the Forth Bridge in 1890, when the goods boats were withdrawn, until 1937. Seen here at the new pier opened with the rebuilding of Burntisland East Dock in 1901. The east dock is beyond the steamer. Burntisland's old and new stations were a little off to the left.
Location: Burntisland New Pier
Company: Edinburgh and Northern Railway
Photographer: Ewan Crawford Collection
Make contact: Ewan Crawford Collection
Image number: 71098